Friday 13 December 2013

Modern Irish Table Runner Swap at the MIQG

It was not long ago that the MIQG called for a Christmas Table Runner Swap. You all know that I am addicted in swaps so I had to join! It was on the 10th of November when I got my partner from Sarah. I had to read it a million times until the information really got into my head. I got a brilliant partner but this time it was someone special! It took a while to think but some day I got an idea. I wanted to work on a paper pieced star as center piece. So sitting down and drawing, scanning, printing, sewing and hoping it works. The color scheme she was asking for was bright colors, pink, aqua, light green, no dark Christmas fabrics. I got a deep dive in my stash looking for pinks and aqua and trying to match them. Love the polka dot fabric.
The center star should be lined on two sides with little stars, four on each side. To calculate them was not that easy but at the end each of them measures 3''. To make them going a little curvy I added 1'' stripe either on the right or the left side.

Some of the little stars have a fussy cut in the middle. I used some of  Aneela Hoey "Cherry Christmas". I do love those little birdies and the clothing lines with the stockings and socks. Adorable!


The background is a simple snowflake fabric I got somewhere and the binding is again the pink polka dots. This fabric frames the table runner perfectly. I tried to do less and keep it more white than I usually would. I was to scared to do a FMQ so I only did some little stitches around the stars in pink and aqua.

As I had an accident with the iron this table runner already had a good wash and got the wrinkly structure. I hope she does not mind! Last but not least there was a decoration item. I already have shown the back! So, I am not cheeky enough to sent a glued snowman ...


It was fun again taking part in a swap. I made a bit of a secret out of it as you might already know it: my partner was the swap mama Sarah! She already received the table runner today and I hope she will use it. Thank you for organizing the swap.
Tomorrow I will be back with a winner for the cat-table-runner-mini-quilt!

2 comments:

  1. I love your runner. You did a beautiful job and I think Sarah is thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your runner is beautiful and I really love your snowglobe embroidery.

    ReplyDelete