Friday 29 November 2013

Birthday gift

At the moment I am usually baking like mad but yesterday I finally got back sewing again. Just the sewing machine did  not work as I needed it to so it went to a check today and the good old baby had her turn to make birthday present. It all started with a star seen over at Sarahs blog and some fabrics I got.


I wanted to make her something special and I know she loves to celebrate. As it is Christmas coming up a table topper might be a great gift and as this star is also called "Star of Bethlehem" this it had to be.



With the old machine I did not want to ruin this beauty so I decided to go back to handstitching. I took out some pink and aqua perle cotton yesterday evening. I stitched in the pink diamonds of the star and around the aqua border.




 The sewing machine was still not working today so I used the time while I was waiting for my new tires to hand sew the binding to the back. It looks so nice and neat now and I am really happy how it turned out.


 So this little table topper was given her at a surprise birthday party some ladies had arranged. I brought a cake the girls made yesterday and for the hosting lady a little basket full of toffees.


And if you want to read about the "trip along quilt" have a look at the Modern Quilt Guild Ireland blog.

Linking up with crazy mom quilts and Finish it up Friday

4 comments:

  1. Oh you did such a beautiful job with the star and what a pretty birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really beautiful gift, A. Very thoughtful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on IG - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just followed your blog. Come follow us back! Thanks.

    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete